Old 02-07-2008, 02:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Wound Dressing for TREES

"Jangchub" wrote in message
Hey braino scrambolo, I'd put you up against Texas A & M any time any
day. Nobody said apply wound dressing to flush cuts. Flush cuts went
out with two decades ago of information. Keep up Scramby. I DO NOT
MAKE FLUSH CUTS. NOBODY WITH HAVE A BRAIN AND ONE TOOTH DOES. Get
over it already.

I'm a New Yorker, by the way. I just live in Texas.

If anybody has any data, such as Texas A & M, to state that through
research, with controls, wound
dressing has been proven to stop microorganisms or the succession of
microorganisms, please email with the data. I would be happy to review it

wrote:

Wound Dressing was studied by mycologist, tree biologist, chemist and so
forth by the US FOREST SERVICE researchers. Here at the bottom of the
page
is a publication titled WOUND DRESSINGS: RESULTS OF STUDIES OVER 13 YEARS
in
Journal of Arboriculture.
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20..._dressing.html

The majority of bombardment of negative criticism on this newsgroup comes
from folk from Texas. The only place I know of in the world that it is a
law that you must apply wound dressing is Texas. Texas folks gave Dr.
Shigo
a hard time about Modern Arboriculture. They are the only group of people
that I know of that fought him tooth and nail. Who is Dr. Shigo? His
profile is he http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...GOPROFILE.html
There are some good folk from Texas that I have personally studied tree
biology with and dissected trees with. My critics do not dissect trees.

His material is he www.shigoandtrees.com Enjoy

My critics are primarily from Texas. They disagree with most of Modern
Arboriculture treatments based on a thorough understanding of tree
biology.
Go figure. Don Staples, from Texas, is a practicing forester with
communication problems with the researchers in tree biology. The story
addressing the communication problem is he
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT20...102/index.html

Just a little background on the issue.

There is a time when wound dressing could be helpful. If you make a flush
cut, like many oaks in Texas suffer from, and paint it with wound
dressing.
The wound dressing will stimulate the succession of micro organisms and
speed up the rot process. This would give you a cavity. Not good for the
individual but good for small wildlife that use cavities. In wildlife
management I often make flush cuts in the woods for small wildlife. I
rather not use the wound dressing.

If anybody has any data to state that through research, with controls,