Old 02-07-2008, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sandy Sandy is offline

Default My capsicum and aubergine plants

Mary Fisher wrote:
Well, they grew to be sturdy, multiple leaved plants, over 12" tall and with
a big spread. They're now in maximum size pots on the greenhouse staging and
I've staked the tallest - need some more canes note to self: ask Spouse to
make something.

So far so good, now I need more advice please.

There are some white flowers on some of the peppers and buds on the
aubergines. Do I need to do any hand pollinating?

Mary

My peppers and aubergines sound to be at the same stage as yours Mary.

I find that leaving the greenhouse door half open will attract bees and
other pollinators inside so I'm hoping that they will do the job for me
and produce lots of lovely fruit!

I do have a few pots of flowers in there too, as well as tomatoes, so
maybe this is what attracts them.