Old 02-07-2008, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Bosch Quiet Shredders OK for Mixed Waste?

In article ,
takethisout writes:

| The shrubs include stuff like Buddleja, Lavatera, Forsythia, Dogwood,
| Elder etc.
|
| The tougher herbaceous stuff that takes a long time to rot down includes
| Leucanthemum (Ox-eye Daisy)and Lupin stems.
|
| Has anybody any experience of using these shredders with this type of waste?

Yes. No problem with the 2200. A lot of leaves or other juicy material
can cause trouble, though. I use a (shreddable) stick as a poker and
unsticker - if it gets caught, I let it go and use another.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.