Old 02-07-2008, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens
Paul E. Lehmann[_2_] Paul E. Lehmann[_2_] is offline

Default Rhubarb question

Jan Flora wrote:

In article
,
enigma wrote:

Billy wrote in

ct.net.au:

In article

,
enigma wrote:

heh. my 30' row hasn't been divided in at
least 10 years, although i have cut off a
couple end of row new crowns to get my
friends started on a rhubarb addiction...
when in the season the tops melt depends on
a few factors
including heat & humidity, amount of light,
water, geographical location, luck...
last year my rhubarb flowered & melted
before the end of
June. this year it's still growing like mad
& i've only seen one flowerstalk. it's
cooler this year.

Your entire row died back or just the
flowering plants? Last year was a cool year
for me, and my little cluster of 'barb
flowered and just kept ontruckin'.

the whole row. it literally melts & disappears
when it gets hot. that's when i feed it a load
of llama beans, because the leaves are all gone
& out of the way. lee

Do you make rhubarb wine, by any chance? I'm
always in search of new recipes : )

Jan

You should be able to find it here on one of the
links on this page:

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/wineblog7.asp