Old 07-04-2003, 04:57 PM
Richard

Default Hand post auger

"Sarah Dale" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 13:43:31 +0100, Richard wrote:

"Rod" wrote in message

"Richard" wrote in message

Well 5 feet would do. Want to put in an earth rod, and instead

of
bashing in a 6 foot rod, wanted to bore then surround rod with

good
conductivity material.

Amateur Radio groups and publications are a better place for info

on
getting earth rods into the ground

Rod

But gardeners might know where I can get post hole augers.

Let this gardening electrical engineer assure you it is more normal to
hammer earth rods into the ground than drill a hole for them..... The
exception would be if you know you are in a poor conductivity area, in
which case you put your rod in and surround it with something like
betonite (sp! - sorry can't remeber the spelling!)

I wonder what you want an earth rod for?

Or something like Marconite.

http://www.furse.com/elp/pdf/scagents.pdf

Earth needed to sink small signal antenna current. Well, unless I
change my mind, and I want to use earth also for transmitting purposes,
which I might.

Rich.