Old 03-07-2008, 02:12 AM posted to aus.gardens
Luke Luke is offline

Default Treating Bracket Fungi

Hi,

I have some form of Bracket Fungi in a tree of mine (unsure of the type of
tree), a pic of the fungi can be seen here
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...spirit/055.jpg . Just curious if
there is a treatment for this, I've read that if it has rotted the tree away
too much then the tree needs to be cut down. The tree is a good 10m high,
with branches over my house and a neighbours garage. I have actually gouged
out all the fungus this morning and in a couple of spots it has rotted into
the tree about3-4 inches. I have sprayed triforine on it, I realise it is a
rose fungicide but thought it may help. Any suggestions prior to me getting
an arborist to come out and have a look? There are about 8 outbreaks over
the tree if that makes any difference.

Regards
Luke