Old 03-07-2008, 05:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default beware parsnips

The message
In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:

/snip/

| You could make your own marmalade with whisky but I'd prefer to use
| something better than paint stripper. But there again I use 30yo
Armagnac
| when I flambé a steak ...

I object! A decent single malt is at least the equal of an Armagnac.

Much as I like a good Armangac, some malts are far more interesting -
even some vatted malts such as Islay Mist knock any brandy into a cocked
hat.

For sheer complexity of flavour and smoothness, it's difficult to beat a
well-aged single malt like Laphroaig or Ardbeg. Brandy lovers might try
Linkwood.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig