Old 03-07-2008, 12:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
3Putt in Coastal SC 3Putt in Coastal SC is offline

Default Bumble Bee on Sea Oxeye

Interesting. I shall endeavor to do more research before I accuse any
species of being an "it".

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message
She? it? he?

There are three 'castes' in bumble bees as in honey bees and social wasps.
The Queen, who once the nest is established won't forage any more, the
workers - sterile females - who do the foraging and the male drones, who
hang about on the main drag waiting for a nice bit of skirt. Just like
human lads.

A foraging bee at any time of year will be a female, whether the mother of
the colony or one of her daughters.

A bee is never 'it' - any more than a human is.

Mary

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"3Putt in Coastal SC" wrote in message