Old 03-07-2008, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default No Till Farming

In article
,
Billy wrote:

If you are interested, you might want to look at the article on
no till farming in the July Scientific American (page 70, I think). It
is mostly an industrial approach but the article finishes by saying that
the problems with industrial no till farming (pests and weeds that arise
from monoculture farming and the increasing amounts of agrichemicals
needed to suppress them) can be addressed with organic farming
approaches of crop rotation, interplanting, and the grazing of animals
on the land. The more things change . . .

The article does indeed start on page 70. I have subscribed to that
magazine for many years. That will be one article I will read.
But is this really new news? No-Till talk has been around for years has
it not? I have not read this months mag yet.

It is getting harder and harder to find time to read these days.
The more people that get laid off, the more work gets piled on me.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Email "dan lehr at comcast dot net". Text only or goes to trash automatically.