Old 03-07-2008, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Cordyline problem?

Sandy wrote:
Hi,

I have a red cordyline which has happily lived in a pot on the patio
for the last couple of years. However, this spring it was starting to
look a little "tired" and a lot of the lower leaves were drying up
and dropping off.

I re-potted it into a slightly larger glazed ceramic pot but it
doesn't appear to be getting any better. The colour looks faded,
compared to the vibrant specimens I've seen at the nursery, there's
no new growth and some of the lower leaves are still dropping off.

Is there anything I can do to revive it or does it have any special
requirements?

Leaves dropping off is normal. Over years, it then developes a trunk.
Moving at this time of year prob wasn't a good idea. Has the new pot got
good drainage?
When ever mine looked a bit under the weather, I used a seaweed based feed.
--
Pete C
London UK