Old 03-07-2008, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default beware parsnips

Mike..... writes
Following up to Nick Maclaren

Firstly, it affects only some people, and few people are seriously
affected.

assuming wild and cultivated have the same effect I suspect that isnt
true:-

"http://128.104.239.6/uw_weeds/extension/articles/wildparsnip.htm"

That's a big assumption to make here. The article refers to 'wild
parsnip' which is becoming a noxious weed in Wisconsin. Before jumping
to conclusions about cultivated parsnip, I would want to know the
species concerned (which on a quick skim read didn't seem to be in the
article), and that it was indeed the ancestor of the cultivated parsnip
(wild garlic is not te ancestor of cultivated garlic).
--
Kay