Old 04-07-2008, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default What are 'greens'?

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 22:41:05 +0100, Sandy
wrote:

I should imagine she's referring to "spring greens" - a winter cabbage
such as Primo which is picked in the Spring before the heart is fully
formed.

Ah, thanks.

So, still talking of cabbage, re the ones I have growing now, will
they get a heart as some point (ie, do they all) or are some just all
open leaves? (I think I have the model tag for them out there
somewhere).

Also, some of the smaller cabbage- inner leaves are all screwed up and
look like they have a white stuff on them? Is this normal do you think
please?

All the best ..

T i m