Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray B[_2_] Ray B[_2_] is offline

Default suggestions please`

Don't forget that light is not the only consideration. Humidity and
temperature play a big role, too

"Jane" wrote in message
I have 7 phals. They are thriving in a bay window that faces east.
They get several hours of morning sun, filtered through shear
curtains. The light is much stronger at this time of year, of course,
but even in the winter several were blooming.

I was wondering if there is another type of orchid that would be happy
with this light. I love the phal blooms, but it would be nice to have
a better variety of leaves. I tried an oncidium but it just refused
to bloom. The leaves looked good but after the initial blooms faded,
nothing but leaves. I had it for 2 years with no flowers.
Apparently it didn't get enough light. I put it up for adoption.

Thanks