Old 04-07-2008, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default What are 'greens'?

On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 00:58:11 +0100, Sandy
wrote:

T i m wrote:

Trying to think of ways I could eat cabbage (under cover) and that
might be in a stir-fry or bubble_and_squeak.

Alternative suggestions welcomed though! ;-)

I had to become rather inventive this year due to growing rather more
cabbages than I needed! ;-)

Nice result though.

One of my favourite dishes which went down rather well with everyone was
cabbage and bacon.

Ok ..

Chop several rashers bacon (or use lard-ons) and fry until crispy and
set aside. Take a large onion, cut in half and thinly slice, sweat off
in a little olive oil in large pan. Add shredded cabbage and place lid
on, turn heat down to low and leave to cook down for 5-10 mins. Season
and stir in bacon before serving with mashed potato!

Hey, even I understood that, I'll give it a try, thanks! ;-)

All the best ..

T i m