Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Oleander

On 4/7/08 07:08, in article ,
"Saxman" wrote:

beccabunga wrote:

Beware - they are one of the most poisonous plants. All parts are
highly toxic.

I'm surprised they used for public display in such quantities then?

In Med. Countries they're used on the meridian of highways. I suppose they
either don't know or don't care. Of course they might not expect motorists
to hop out and chew a leaf or three. ;-) Our local council planted Ricinus
on a roundabout not far from here. IME they will live and flower outdoors
in warmer spots in UK but they don't flower as well as they do in places
with longer, hotter summers.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com