Old 04-07-2008, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default My capsicum and aubergine plants

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
In article ,
"Mary Fisher" writes:
| "Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
| k...
|
| I approve of the peppers, but I have never understood why anyone
eats
| aubergines!
|
| You've never cooked them properly :-)

To be fair, some people don't like them even cooked properly.

I used not to, when I was younger and hypersensitive to bitterness.
And their actual taste is distinctive enough to be something that at
least some people will dislike.

It's the very lack of flavour which makes them uninteresting to me. I
don't dislike them, but I'd just as soon eat cotton wool.

Their flavour isn't overpowering but it's distinctive and we like it.

Any particular type of cotton wool?

Mary