Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default beware parsnips

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
et...

:

I agree that the primary problem with strawberries is pectin (because
they have effectively damn-all), but am not entirely sure what the
problem is with Cydonia. Anyway, jam made from them alone typically
doesn't set properly.

Mine set pretty well. (Molished half a sack of them into jam...)

I have some wild strawberries but it would take rather a lot to make a jar
of jam innit :-)

And what a waste of oral experience!

We once had some, don't know why I can't grow them these days :-)

Mary