Old 04-07-2008, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default A lily question

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
It's fascinating, thank you. I'd still like to know how to propagate the
lily.

Some lilies make bulbils in the leaf axils which makes life easy! others
you can do from seed but obviously not if yours is a hybrid, but all
lilies produce offsets so you should be able to lift the clump and look
for the little offsets to pot up. Or you could get technical and look up
how to grow them from the scales.

Thank you, I'll do that - but is there a best time of year?

Mary