Old 04-07-2008, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Colette A. O'Brien Colette A. O'Brien is offline

Default Base for greenhouse

Hi all

I am moving my greenhouse from the darkiest, shadiest part of the garden
to a sunnier area. I decided on a concrete base as I never grow anything
in the soil of the greenhouse, and I thought it would be more rat-proof!
We live in a very windy area and so the greenhouse needs to be firmly
secured.

I have a builder friend coming tomorrow to lay a concrete base for me,
but now I am rather belatedly having second thoughts. I am wondering if
a concrete base is a bad idea because of drainage - how to I ensure that
water can drain freely away?

You can tell I'm a bit clueless about all of this, any advice would be
very welcome.

Thanks
--
Colette A. O'Brien