Old 04-07-2008, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Pulling weeds versus hoeing?

Daniel Prince wrote in
:

Which would take the least total work, pulling weeds or hoeing? I
know that if you can pull a weed up roots and all it can not grow
back. If you just cut it off an inch or two below the ground with a
hoe it can grow back but hoeing is much easier.

What is you opinion? Thank you in advance for all replies.

I find the hoe works best with little weeds, but it merely breaks off the
upper growth. For things like grass, you'll probably have to pull it out
(or trowel it out.)

Our garden got away from us, so there's been grass and other weeds
growing like crazy. My weeding tool of choice this time: Lawn mower.
(Next will come the tiller, and a second planting of beans and peas.)
I've also been using a scickle (that may be spelled wrong... I think it's
right, but it looks wrong) to take out the grass and leave the tomatos.
These are more extreme "taking back the garden" measures, though... keep
on top of your weeding some how and you won't need to do this!

Puckdropper

PS: Your signature indication is improperly formed. There should be a
space after the two dashes.