Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Oleander

On 4/7/08 13:43, in article , "stuart
noble" wrote:

beccabunga wrote:
Granity;801794 Wrote:
You will find the countries on the continent are so stupidly nanny-state
like as the UK. Their attitude is that if you eat something without
knowing what it is then you're a pillock. :-) And quite right too

Also, in its native countries people are very well aware of its dangers
- on the whole.

Is that the thing that grows everywhere in Greece? Almost as prolific as
Bougainvillea and comes in white and pink IIRC

Sounds like it. It's very pretty, especially when seen in pots on a terrace
or in great masses in banks. I love it but we don't even try to grow it in
our garden. We have friends with them in seaside locations and they do
pretty well.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com