Old 04-07-2008, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default A lily question

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote Some info here....
Hmm. Not sure that we have enough time to start from seed :-) I'll look
for bulbils.

Don't be too hasty in pulling them off the plant, if you leave them they
will usually grow roots whilst still attached to the stem. You can then
detach them and pot them up or pot up the whole stem, bulbils and all.

Looking at the site which Jennifer (I think) recommended I was suprised that
it said these lilies spread rapidly. In almost forty years we still have
only the one :-) I admit that I'm a little chary about digging it up ...

It also seems that it's in an ideal sloping well drained site, south facing
but sheltered part of the time.

Mary