Old 04-07-2008, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Watercress

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"K" wrote in message
Sacha writes
On 4/7/08 03:31, in article ,
"fedupofsalt" wrote:

I rooted mine in a glass. then planted in a 50/50 sand and compost mix.
I keep the base of the pot in around an inch of water and it's
thriving. Root's come out all over the place, in water or not. In my
experience it's on the same level as growing cress!

Oh! I thought it had to be grown in running water. Obviously not!

If you'd been following the other thread (or was it other bits of this
thread?) you'd have seen that the running water bit is because it's less
likely to pick up the eggs and larval stages of liver fluke if its grown
in running water.

I still don't know if I can eat duckweed :-)

Did you not see my post with a link to a site with a duckweed soup recipe?