Old 04-07-2008, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default beware parsnips

The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Well, as I said, some of the jam was from the 1950s. The crystals had
around forty years to grow...

And you said that a couple of days after dissolving the crystals in the
m/wave they began to gorm again. I find that hard to believe - that
crystals
large enough to be detected would form after a couple of days.

Did I say how big they had grown to in a couple of days?

whisper

I have a numbered bottle of single-cask-bottling of Linkwood. I'm
saving
it for a special occasion and/or (a) deserving conoisseur(s) innit.

looks round

your place or mine?

Well, bringing it back from Naaaardge on the bus was terrifying enough.

So yours.

Well, I don't want to rish a heart-attack. I might have to have regular
doses of medicine on the way, to reassure myself.

p.s. so good to see that you use butter instead of something produced
by men
in white coats. Why not enhance it with your own produce?

I do, but ATM I haven't got a decent preserving pan. Well, I haven't
got
a preserving pan. I molish my own pickles and things though.

I have a large brass preserving pan going a-begging. I prefer to use a
very
large ss pan for all preserving. it's not as pretty but it was very cheap
and cleans easily - and of course there's no observable reaction between
metal and ingredients.

Hmmm. Linkwood meets preserving pan?

When are you in?

Playing darts tonight. Tomorrow morning, weather permitting, there's a
local lad coming to help get the disordered parts of the garden in some
semblence of order. I'll be in tomorrow afternoon, though. Do you like
working on motorcycles?

/Microwave jam/

Freezer jam is even more efficient...

And excellent for strawberries. Since I can't grow strawberries and won't
buy them any more that's just a memory.

Want some runners? I'm sending - er - someone - note="must make" must
look in my emu box! /note some wild strawb runners when I've got round
to rooting some. Also have some rather tasty tame strawbs. You can get a
plastic oil drum and cut holes in the side, then fill it with soil and
plant strawberries in the holes.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig