Old 04-07-2008, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default beware parsnips

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...

your place or mine?

Well, bringing it back from Naaaardge on the bus was terrifying enough.

So yours.

Well, I don't want to rish a heart-attack. I might have to have regular
doses of medicine on the way, to reassure myself.

'ang on. You wouldn't hve to travel to yours ...

I have a large brass preserving pan going a-begging. I prefer to use a
very
large ss pan for all preserving. it's not as pretty but it was very
cheap
and cleans easily - and of course there's no observable reaction
between
metal and ingredients.

Hmmm. Linkwood meets preserving pan?

When are you in?

Playing darts tonight. Tomorrow morning, weather permitting, there's a
local lad coming to help get the disordered parts of the garden in some
semblence of order. I'll be in tomorrow afternoon, though. Do you like
working on motorcycles?

No, but I did it for very many years. British I hope?

/Microwave jam/

Freezer jam is even more efficient...

And excellent for strawberries. Since I can't grow strawberries and won't
buy them any more that's just a memory.

Want some runners? I'm sending - er - someone - note="must make" must
look in my emu box! /note some wild strawb runners when I've got round
to rooting some. Also have some rather tasty tame strawbs. You can get a
plastic oil drum and cut holes in the side, then fill it with soil and
plant strawberries in the holes.

Believe me I've tried all sorts of ways with strawberries.

I've met my match.

Sometimes one has to admit that one can't control the Earth. Even my little
bit of it.

Mary