Old 04-07-2008, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Base for greenhouse

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

That's what we did - with soil borders and a path. I can't understand why
anyone would want a whole concrete floor ...

I use the borders to grow crops in too, is there a problem with that?

Mary
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Best solution is to dig a six inch deep by 9 inch wide trench foundation
underneath the base .
Dig similar 2ft wide trench similar to act as footway between ends.
This gives you a sort of 8 shaped concrete in plan
Pour barrow/ready mix with security fixings embedded therein, with assembled
base thereon.

Leaves plenty of space for borders therein.

1 1 1 1
1 1 SOIL 1 1
1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1