Old 05-07-2008, 05:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
D. Staples D. Staples is offline

Default Salvaging - A Closer Look

"symplastless" wrote in message
. ..

"D. Staples" wrote in message
omsupplyinc...
Who did you steal this one from, yard man?

Don Staples - Consulting Salvage Hog
http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/Services/salvage.htm

The researchers published it so people like me can use it to help make
sound decisions of treatments with respect to forest health. All you do
is remove all wood (substrate for the base of the food web and future
water reservoirs). When you salvage an area what do you call it? It
surely is no longer correctly termed a forest, i.e., how do you define a
forest?

You claim to be a forester when you are a tree farmer that does not
understand the ecological stages of trees with respect to forest health.
If I am wrong I will be happy. Maybe you could provide some data on
salvaging. You only address one ecological stage and destroy the others.
I mean that is what you do. Thanks for being honest and explaining what
you mean when you say salvage and restoration. I mean a tourniquet will
stop a nose bleed.

If we could just get you to define what a consulting forester is. I guess
you don't want to try to define a forest. really strange behavior.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

And you claim to be a tree expert, yet you did not respond to the article
you were shown about wound paint on live oaks, why is that, yard man?

You refuse to give you educational background, yet want me to define terms
that are common, why is that, yard man, can you not read?

How do I remove "all wood", yard man, in a salvage operation? Never saw a
salvage site, have you? You would have a tract with no future so you could
leave dead wood laying about, a tinder box, that when burned, will sterilize
the earth. Tell us, yard man, what the temperature of a woods fire reaches,
tell us what it does to the humus and first two layers of soil. Your a self
created "tree expert", you should know this. Tell us what life remains
after a fire.

It is not a forest after it is destroyed, yard man, and you would wait a
century to return it to a natural state, and we foresters can do it in a
third of that time. Why do you want to delay the recovery of the land, yard
man, why would you deny the right of a land owner to reclaim HIS property?

Which brings up another question, yard man, how much land do you own and
manage? Surely you have land other than the yard around your apartment, you
being the expert and all.

:Your ignorance of the land, biology, ecology, the earth itself, is
phenomenal.