Old 05-07-2008, 12:41 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Frustrated!! (cows & corn!)

"rachael simpson" wrote in message

[brevity snips]

Total damage report: half of the corn is destroyed, tried to right what we
could of it, but of the damaged corn stalks, they are all knee high or
lower now. An equal half of the peas, beans, & squash were all trampled
but otherwise appear to be able to recover. I can't even look at the corn
patch without crying now though...pregnancy hormones I guess, but pregnant
or not, it's still discouraging to look at. I know there is plenty of
other corn around here, but this was my own corn patch, not some my hubby
planted for someone else! So now I'm frustrated, discouraged and very
disgusted with the cows.

How's everyone else's gardens doing?

You need to run electric fence around the garden to keep the cows out. Two
strings should do it. The vine borers got my yellow crooknecks again but
everything else looks OK.

~Rae