Old 05-07-2008, 09:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Neighbor's Hydrangea

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote after
"Basketweaver" wrote

I agree. We need more Hydrangeas in our garden.

But they take up so much room ... I'd rather my neighbour grew them and
the flowers hung over the boundary into my garden :-)

They can be hard pruned in the late spring to keep them nice and compact.
You then get bigger/better flowers too.
A mop headed pink one of ours is only 3ft high max each year because I
prune it back to about 18 inches or less.

Still too big for our plot. However, I do prune the neighbour's - the parts
which hang into our garden :-)

Our back is mostly vegetables. We erected 6' high chain link fence to keep
Charlie out and Mrs Next Door (whose husband would love to grow vegetables
but she likes flowers) grows lots of flowering things against it at her
side. So we have our vegetables and the flowers too - with only the veg to
maintain.

Perfect :-)

Mary