Old 05-07-2008, 01:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Salvaging - A Closer Look

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Way I look at, its a matter of convenience for the landowner not to wait
for
natural conditions for natural recovery in regards to commercial
enterprise.

There's no reason for unused land not to follow natural conditions for
recovery.
--
Dave

Does that mean strip cutting the forest, removal of all habitat and
leaving the ground subject to erosion? Loss of habitat would reduce
hunting and erosion could affect water quality for others.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Read again my previous reply, strip cutting a forest is usually a commercial
enterprise.

Hurricanes, tornadoes, and fires have been laying waste to sections of
forests before any of our great-grandparents were born. Severe erosion is
the exception, not the rule, in these cases. Granted, its not pleasing to
the eye. In my opinion, that, the eye appeal, is what is actually driving
most people to have the knee jerk "fix" it opinion. The habitat isn't going
to be fixed in short notice by planting some baby trees.
--
Dave

New drilling sites for oil offshore and other
sensitive places. Question is, will that oil
go here in the U.S., or someplace else for sale?