Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Which Tree

On 5/7/08 11:56, in article ,
"Blairadamwitch" wrote:

Hi,
Looking for advice on a tree to plant in my small front garden.

Don't want anything too expensive and would prefer an evergreen but
I'm flexible. My soil is clay builders junk/rubble.

Anybody have any ideas?

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks

Holly? A variegated one would be pretty. Eucalyptus. Some types can be
kept small and go on producing their pretty juvenile foliage. Hoheria
sexstylosa is lovely and has scented white flowers in late summer but it
does seed itself around, or so we find. That goes to about 8m. Myrtus
communis - myrtle. There's a variegated form of that which is pretty, too.
A lot depends on where you live, though. Climate affects most things.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com