Old 05-07-2008, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
T i m T i m is offline

Default Watercress

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:00:27 +0200, Martin wrote:

On 24 Jun 2008 12:05:22 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

In article ,
Martin writes:
| On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 04:34:29 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France
| wrote:
|
| LOL All before I was born, I might take a look but Wimbledon beckons
| - which means my poor eyes will be square again.
|
| I hope you can cope with Wimbledon being on BBC 1 and BBC 2 and half of
| Europe's other TV channels simultaneously.

I shall be incommunicado in the Highlands for a week, which is exactly
the sort of place I want to be over Wimbledon (or the Olympics).

We went to Turkey to avoid the last World Cup and the traditional outbreak of
orange madness.
I didn't expect the hotel provide a giant screen for football maniacs nor orange
krokets for Dutch visitors.

Likewise (well, not the Turkey bit).

Actually, I like the odd large football / tennis / F1 thing as I can
have a decent ride on my bicycle / motorbike. ;-)

The other period I'd like to hibernate through is the 3 hype filled
commercial months we now call Christmas!

All the best ..

T i m