Old 05-07-2008, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Lining a large wooden planter / trough

The message
from Tom contains these words:

Hi, I have bought a large wooden trough (150cm). It's well made, but
rather than having draining holes at the bottom there are just 2 gaps (1
to 2 cm wide) running the length of the trough between the planks of wood.

How should I line this please? I was thinking of some chicken wire then
a layer of stones, then the soil. I don't want the soil coming out but
at the same time I don't want to prevent it draining.

Any help appreciated,

I line wooden troughs with black polythene.

You can get heavy 'membrane' from builders' merchants, and it's not dear.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig