Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Which Tree

The message
from "rhiannon s" contains these words:

How about a Strawberry tree? I always recommend it, simply because I think
there should be more of them around and I like them. They are also a bit
out of the ordinary and it'd be really unusual if your neighbours already
had one and would stand out a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_Tree

They're lovely, and I'd like one, but...

They need an acid soil, and IIRC, lots of water. Builders' rubble tends
to the alkaline.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig