Old 05-07-2008, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Colette A. O'Brien Colette A. O'Brien is offline

Default Base for greenhouse

In message of Fri, 4 Jul 2008, Mary Fisher writes
That's what we did - with soil borders and a path. I can't understand why
anyone would want a whole concrete floor ...

I use the borders to grow crops in too, is there a problem with that?

Nothing at all, it's just that I never do it. Perhaps it's due to where
the greenhouse has always been sited, but anything I've attempted to
grow in the soil has always done really badly.

Since I didn't want soil borders, I thought I might as well go for a
good solid base which is easy to clean. But as I've said in another
post, I decided against a concrete slab in the end.

The foundations are down now, and looking good.

Thanks
Colette
--
Colette A. O'Brien