Old 05-07-2008, 03:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Marilyn[_2_] Marilyn[_2_] is offline

Default Neighbor's Hydrangea

I have three that were planted three years ago.
I am confused as to why they look so poor....will take a pic to ask your
advice..
They also are very close together I think, and are in full sun.
This year the garden looks better than it ever has with all the rain in
Maryland.

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote after
"Basketweaver" wrote

I agree. We need more Hydrangeas in our garden.

But they take up so much room ... I'd rather my neighbour grew them and
the flowers hung over the boundary into my garden :-)

They can be hard pruned in the late spring to keep them nice and compact.
You then get bigger/better flowers too.
A mop headed pink one of ours is only 3ft high max each year because I
prune it back to about 18 inches or less.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden