Old 07-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Kay Easton

Default Viburnum tinus disease/blue 'eggs'

In article , Sacha
writes
in article ult, Steve Harris at
wrote on 7/4/03 10:00 am:

In article ,
(CK) wrote:

look at the rootball before buying ANY plant
from ANYWHERE, however reputable!!
I am always amazed how few people do so.

So, when you're at a Garden Centre, you tip plants out of their pots,
knock the compost away and take a good look. Then you scape up the mess
and put it back?

Good point. This would NOT be a popular move here - or anywhere, I'd think.
But luckily, we don't have vine weevil probs.

Though the RHS Encycl of gardening has lots of pic of 'good' and 'poor'
specimens of container plants, based mainly on the state of their
rootball. I wonder how they expect you to find out? Or is it a new sort
of game of chance - choose your plant, take it home, then check the
rrotball to see if you got a good or a bad 'un ;-)

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: