Old 05-07-2008, 09:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
www.locoworks.com www.locoworks.com is offline

Default Today's terrible tomato travail theorem.

On Jul 5, 10:41�am, Billy wrote:

First you tell us that the pots have the temperature of hot coffee.
Then, that greenhouse is 80F and that it is 64F outside. There seems
to be no way to get an intelligible answer out of you, so I bid you good
day.

Billy, the pots were in direct sunlight yesterday. The thermometer
was not. If these facts are not intelligible to you I will happily
wave goodbye to you as you bid good day.

I have just returned from the greenhouse, where the air temperature is
86F. A finger thrust into the pots finds moist soil that is warm, not
hot, a great improvement over yesterday. Shading the pots may be the
simple solution to the tomato travail. Time will tell.