Old 05-07-2008, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter James[_2_] Peter James[_2_] is offline

Default Repairing garden hoses...

Gary Woods wrote:

"Astral Voyager" wrote:

When I was working on aircraft we used a product know as Heat-Shrink which
was used on cable looms.

You might get some cheap at a fire sale.

Heat shrink tubing usually shrinks to half its original diameter, so you
need to get something that will fit over the end coupling and still shrink
tightly over the hole.

In fact, 40 years ago I used heat shrink tubing to fix the rod rings
onto a fibre glass beach casting fishing rod I made. The rings seem as
secure today as they did 40 years ago. I am surprised that there seems
to be little use or knowledge of this product nowadays. But it works
and works well. I'm sure there would be no problems using it to fix a
leaking hose.
--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far