Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Marilyn[_2_] Marilyn[_2_] is offline

Default Tree identification?

Thanks. I honestly don't like it and it is the focal point in my backyard.
( sigh ) It was also planted close to close to the fence. A landscaper who
came to help me plan, said it really is a "weed" but never told me the name,
so now I can look it up. My neighbor doesn't like it either but it was
planted by her MIL when they moved in 10 yrs ago....and each year, it gets
bigger and bigger....yikes! So I put a row of White Crape Mrytles in front
and two shrubs....which I was told were red twig dogwood but not sure...I am
not a gardener but hope I can improve this part of the garden.
Thanks again

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Marilyn" wrote ...
My neighbor has this tree...three of them, next her Leylands which border
our property. Can someone tell me what it is?

Catalpa bignonoides, the Indian Bean Tree.
My wife's favourite tree. They do get very big if allowed the space and
time.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden