Old 06-07-2008, 07:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tpow tpow is offline

Default OT but home based Q

My father in law is away from his home for a while and I decided to reduce
his house central heating ON/OFF times during this period. Currently he has
it running ON day and night, HW & CH...........

I now have both water and heating coming on for 1/2 hours morning and
evening just to keep it ticking over. Even though the system is OFF with
boiler definitely shut down, the pump still runs. It is not running water
around the CH system but just circulating it around the local HW tank
pipework but not via the boiler.

It is a Sentinel Housing property and the heating system was
installed/upgraded a couple of years ago to bring it up to current standards
and legislation.

So is this the modern way, with the pump continually running.

thanks
dj