Old 06-07-2008, 03:27 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart Robert Hinsley View Post
I'd worried about the leaves as well - the venation did look different
from Cornus sanguinea - but I looked at a photograph I took of a Cornus
nuttallii at Birmingham Botanic Gardens, and it looked a reasonable
match. One also expects details of the fruits to vary between species.
Definitely not Cornus nuttallii. Picture of C nuttallii leaves and fruit:
http://www.fs.fed.us/database/feis/p...ornut/all.html
I now recall someone above mention the possibility of some kind of magnolia. I think that is more of a possiblity than any cornus.