Old 06-07-2008, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default Pullin' weeds

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..

I do use a claw in the spring, but for certain weeds all it seems to do is
make them multiply. I guess if pulling weeds was simple they wouldn't be
called weeds. Based on your response and Jangchub's it sounds like I'm
worrying about them too much.

It all depends entirely on what sort of "garden" you like.
I spend an awful lot of time just sitting enjoying my view and I find that
things out of order annoy me, so yes- I weed.
I weed perhaps 10 hours a week in my "yard" proper, but do have a quite
large wooded portion beyond that where I do very little. Some times of year
I weed more, and some less, but al least once a day I pull some weeds. Of
course I mulch, but plenty of seeds germinate in mulch so that isn't the
final answer IMO.

If you weed with the right zen spirit it isn't nearly the nasty chore most
folks think it is. I don't mind it- I move my little seat from spot to spot
and get to know all my plants intimately. It's something I enjoy and the
rewards are great.
Not everyone likes a manicured garden, and I understand that.
But I do

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky