Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Pullin' weeds

"David E. Ross" wrote in message
On 7/5/2008 10:55 AM, Eigenvector wrote [in part]:

Side question:

What is the best method for controlling rye grass growing up inside a
clump
of something like rosemary or lavender?

I almost missed this.

There are herbicides that are specific to grasses. That is, they kill
grasses but not non-grasses. As always, read the label warnings
carefully. Some of these herbicides might cause temporary or even
permanent damage to plants you want to keep.

--
David E. Ross

I'm almost inclined to let the grasses grow where they are - coming up
inbetween the lavender clumps. They tend to match the lavender plant, but I
was worried that if they got a foothold the lavender would get starved out.
I really don't like resorting to chemical warfare, but pulling the grass out
doesn't seem to work.

More options on my plate.