Old 06-07-2008, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Red Spider Mite

"Steve" wrote in message
Anyone Does anyone know anything that will kill red spider mites?

I've tried "Bug clear gun", which appears to have an active poison of
bifenthrin-pyrethroids, the damm things do a dance and laugh at that stuff
so I'm looking for something better.

Steve

Since you're not worried about using proprietory poisons, you may find that
a systemic insecticide is helpful. I use Provado's Vine Weevil Killer -
although only when absolutely necessary. However, if you're treating food
crops, this is obviously not appropriate. Red spider mite hates being wet,
so maybe spraying them regularly (even with pure water)will help, although a
drop of washing up liquid will do a surer job.

Spider