Old 06-07-2008, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
D. Staples D. Staples is offline

Default Salvaging - A Closer Look

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 09:38:16 -0500, "D. Staples"
wrote:

My thoughts are that you, like the yard man, know absolutely nothing about
forestry, the forest industry, private forestry, or what a forester is and
does. The US state forestry agencies have had certification for private
lands for decades, which, since you seem to know so little, include game
management, endangered species management, stream management, and any
other
area that foresters, as biologists, are trained to manage.

Aside from the obvious, what are the biggest differences between a
rangeland ecologist, and a forester? It would seem they both go
together.

Rangeland ecologist gets heavily in to grasses, forbs and herbs, along with
soils and the critter management that goes with it. We are tree folk, with,
usually, some knowledge of the understory and the critters that go with it.
Rangeland management is more heavily tilted towards animal usage.