Old 07-07-2008, 12:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gavin[_2_] gavin[_2_] is offline

Default Freezing broad beans in the pod

"Ed" ex@directory wrote in message
et...
On 06/07/08 14:34, Rusty Hinge 2 wrote:
The message
In article ,
Broadback writes:

| I love broad beans, but love very young ones eaten pod and all! They
| mature so rapidly I wondered are as good, or nearly as good, after
being | frozen? That way I can have it both ways.

Well, there's an easy way to find out ....

And if the pods don't come up to scratch, you can always make soup - or
wine from them...

Broad bean wine? Really? There surely not enuff sugar in em like there is
in fruit or some other crops like parsnips?

AFAIK there's precious little sugar in parsnips which is directly
fermentable by wine yeast.