Old 07-07-2008, 07:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Tonia Fischer Tonia Fischer is offline

Default Tomato Horn Worms

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Tonia Fischer" wrote:

Besides pulling them off when you see them. what's a good way to keep
them
from cominig back? I don't really want to use any manufactured
insecticides. Is there something else I can do?

TIA
Tonia

BT spray. It's organic.

Aren't there different kinds for different worms?

--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

I'm just looking to get rid of these. Pulled three from my tomato plant
(only have one and its on the patio planted in a container), But, it is
about 4 foot tall and round. Well, I picked off three more tonight. When I
lived in CA, I had 6 tomato plants; I remember picking off the worms then
feeding them to the birds. The only birds I have here in Las Vegas are
doves and pigeons. Plus I had to move my plants up onto the patio because
the sun was literally frying them. I never knew that tomato, or hook worms,
would eat green pepper plants. Well, I came out one morning and my pepper
plant was damn near gone. I picked a worm off of that was as big around as
my pinky finger, but was like 4 inches long. BTW he ate a whole green
pepper I was growing and waiting until it got a little bigger,

I hear ppl always talk about home insecticides that are made from soap.
Would this help, and what do you use? Also, what is BT spray?

TIA
Tonia