Old 07-07-2008, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Red Spider Mite

In article , spam@puppet-
headDOT.coDOT.uk says...
On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 17:56:03 +0100, Spider wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message
[7 quoted lines suppressed]

Since you're not worried about using proprietory poisons, you may find that
a systemic insecticide is helpful. I use Provado's Vine Weevil Killer -
although only when absolutely necessary. However, if you're treating food
crops, this is obviously not appropriate. Red spider mite hates being wet,
so maybe spraying them regularly (even with pure water)will help, although a
drop of washing up liquid will do a surer job.

Its just house plants, so I'll try that. Its outside at the moment to stop
them spreading so maybe the weather might help me out.

Steve

Pravado has little or no effect on RSM, Soft soap is actually more
effective as are the bio controls (allthough they are dearer)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk