Old 07-04-2003, 06:56 PM
Joe St. Lawrence

Default [IBC] Botany

Does anyone know of a good book or website that will give a beginning =
approach to botany?

Hi there,
Depending what you want from the book, I have a couple of ideas. For
some basic biology with discussions of various plant families (and with lots
of nice photos) I like Biology of Plants by Raven et al. (plus it always has
a cool cover -- Monet, van Gogh, etc...) For some fairly in depth "what's
going on behind the scenes" science my pick is Plant Physiology by Salisbury
and Ross (with unfortunately boring black and white photos and diagrams).
These are both university texts, so you should be able to find them pretty
cheap at a used book store around a campus (otherwise they're in the $80
ball park).

Happy reading!
-joe

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++